Hanukkah is the holiday for fried food - hopefully that’s something that peaks your taste buds. One popular dish during this holiday is latkes or potato patties or fritters. The whole holiday is centered around fried food to symbolize the oil miracle that fueled the hanukia for 8 whole days.
Understandably, eating fried food for 8 days can give you real heartburn so I came up with this baked latkes recipe and they are just as delicious!
The recipe is super easy and you can make the latkes with your kids to keep them busy during the holiday 🙂
I like to serve the latkes with sour cream; any type of dip that you like will work here. The latkes are a great side dish or a snack that everyone will enjoy!
For other Hanukkah recipes check out my Hanukkah recipe index.
Here is the recipe for these baked potato latkes - be prepared to have your taste buds explode with pleasure!
Baked Potato Latkes
- 3 potatoes grated
- 1 sweet potato grated
- 1 small onion grated
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon flour
- Salt & pepper by your taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F degrees with fan and place a baking paper on a pan.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients well.
- With your hands, create patties and place them on the baking pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden.
- Have a latke and happy Hanukkah!