This dessert is very easy to make and it also looks very fancy so it'll deceive your guests into thinking you went above and beyond when really, it only took a few steps. In no time at all, you can create these mini crumb cheesecakes and if surprise guests show up, you can easily whip these delicious bad boys up.
For the crumb layer, I choose to make my own homemade crumbs. It is very simple to make but if you prefer a shortcut, you can always use any crushed cookies that you like.
When whipping mascarpone cream cheese, it is important to use the mascarpone at room temperature in order to avoid lumpy whip. On the other hand, the heavy cream needs to be cool so keep it in the fridge until using.
Since summer is coming, there are fresh cherries everywhere now and I just love to add their look and taste on almost every dessert I make. This crumb cheesecake can also be yummy without them too but I could not resist the urge to decorate with them again! 🙂
The cups I used are small so I ended up with 12 individual desserts, you can use any cups that you want but the bigger the cup, the less desserts. You can also make one big cake if you want, just put it in the freezer for a few hours so it will firm up and be easy to cut into nice pieces.
So are you ready for this fancy looking individual crumb cheesecake dessert? Here we go:
Individual Crumb Cheesecake
For the crumbs:
- ⅞ cup (100 grams) flour
- 1 stick (100 grams) cold butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup (100 grams) sugar
For the cheesecake:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (250 grams) cream cheese (I used mascarpone)
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Cherries or any other fruit that you like
- Set the oven to 170°C / 350°F fan.
- In a bowl, place the flour, butter and sugar.
- With your hands or with a pastry cutter, mix the ingredients into a "sand" crumbly mixture.
- Transfer the crumbs to a pan lined with baking paper and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the crumbs cool at room temperature for half an hour.
- In the mixer bowl, whip together the cream cheese, heavy cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar to a firm whip.
- For each cup of serving, place one layer of crumbs in the bottom. With a spoon or with a piping bag, add a layer of cheesecake and top this with another layer of crumbs. You can make as many layers as you want depending on your cup size.
- Decorate with cherries.
- Have your individual crumb cheesecake and enjoy!