Easy to follow recipe with only 5 ingredients. Yummy apple pie bars with cinnamon aroma.
When I made these bars, my family couldn’t stop raving about them and immediately asked me to bake another batch while they were scarfing one down!
The recipe is pretty easy to follow along with and there aren't many ingredients involved, and I am pretty sure you have all the ingredients in your kitchen now. If you want to make the recipe non-dairy (parve) then just switch the butter to coconut oil or other butter substitutes. I don’t like using margarine so I don’t recommend it but if you don’t care, go ahead as it will work.
I used green apples (granny smith) that have a tart flavor, I prefer using this kind of apple because they turn out delicious once you bake them!
Another bar recipe I shared last year was lemon bars, be sure to check it out. They are so, so good! But don’t just take my word for it, make a few yourself!
Check out my recipe below for these amazing apple bars:
Apple Pie Bars
For the dough:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup (250 grams) melted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
For the filling:
- 4 cubed apples
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or 350°F with the fan setting.
- In a large bowl, combine all dough ingredients and knead together until thoroughly combined. Grease a 9x13-inch pan before pressing half of the dough onto it in an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and while that's cooking, mix up all filling ingredients in another bowl until it's all mixed together.
- Once done baking, spread the apple filling over the partially baked bottom layer. Continue by crumbling the remaining dough on top of the filling as evenly as possible.
- Bake once more for 40 minutes.
- Allow them to cool completely prior to slicing them into bars.
- Grab one (or three) and enjoy these delicious apple pie bars!
Leave a Reply