You’ll never have to worry about the hot summer days again, because I’ve got the perfect dessert that doesn’t require the oven to be turned on once.
The idea for this mango cup dessert all derives from my parents - they have mango trees in their garden and every summer, we had so many mangos to devour that after a while, I needed to become much more creative when it came to cooking them.
The best thing about this dessert is that you can substitute just about any fruit if your heart is set on something other than mangos.
Recipe yields approximately 12-15 cups (depending on their size)
Here is the recipe for these easy mango cup desserts:
Mango Cup Dessert
- 6-7 mangos cut into cubes
- 1½ cups (375 ml) whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (100 grams) crashed biscuits / cookies
- In a bowl, with an immersion blender, blend the mango cubes until it becomes puree.
- In a stand mixer, whip the cream, vanilla, sugar, and cornstarch to a stiff whipped cream.
- Assemble the dessert as follows:
- Create a layer of cookie crumbles on the bottom of the cups
- Add a layer of mango puree.
- Add a layer of whipped cream.
- Add another layer of mango puree.
- Top off the dessert with an extra layer of whipped cream – and lastly, enjoy!