August brings us summer's final month, and most of us tend to start those 31 days exhausted - you probably just want it over already (at least that's how I feel). To sweeten the vibes and not have to turn on the oven, I am sharing a recipe for non-bake mini cakes. Thanks to quick mixing, you have a yummy dessert to munch on and your family will love you for it.
The main flavor of the cakes is pineapple, I used frozen cut pineapple so you can make these all year around without any problems. I really love pineapple and I think this flavor goes well particularly with summer.
The base of the cake is crushed biscuits; you can use graham crackers or any other cookie of your choosing or even biscuits that you like. The cream cheese in the filling needs to be at room temperature when making the cakes in order to avoid a lumpy mixture.
For garnish, you can use any cut fruit, I garnished with cut pineapple because the main flavor of the mini non-bake cakes is pineapple.
Enjoy the last days of summer but even more so, enjoy these mini non-bake pineapple cakes:
No Bake Mini Pineapple Cakes
For the base:
- 10 biscuits (graham crackers or other type you like)
- ¼ cup melted butter
For the filling:
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup frozen pineapples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut fruits
- If you are using a mini cheesecake tin, grease it well.
- In a blender, blend the base ingredients to a sand texture.
- Divide the base mixture evenly in all cups / cavities.
- Press down with a spoon or a small glass the base mixture to the bottom of the cups / cavities.
- Set aside.
- In a blender, blend the frozen pineapple with 2 tablespoons of the cream to a smooth cream.
- Pour the pineapple batter to a bowl and add the cream cheese, sugar, rest of the cream and lemon. Whip well to a unify batter.
- Pour the filling into the cups.
- Place the cakes in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set.
- Before serving, garnish the cakes.
- Have a mini cake and enjoy!