Now here is a dessert for Shabbat that is easy to make and is very delicious. This marble cake with chocolate and vanilla flavors is the best dessert for your weekend and everyone will simply love it. I mean, it’s chocolate and vanilla - what’s not to love?!
To make this cake, you will need two bowls instead of one and a tablespoon. Besides that, the process is very easy and quick and I didn’t even garnish the cake because it looks great without it. Chocolate and vanilla are the classic flavors of marble cake, and by splitting the batter to two bowls, you can ladle batter one at a time and create the beautiful marble look.
The recipe is non-dairy and you can make it vegan very simply as well. You only need to replace the 2 eggs with ½ cup applesauce. I like to use homemade applesauce because this way I know how much sugar I added.
This marble cake is moist and yummy and when I served it to my family, it was gone in a few seconds. Everyone wanted more!
The recipe yields one loaf cake, if you need a bigger cake then just double the ingredients.
Here is the recipe for the tasty parve marble cake:
Parve Marble Cake
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/paste
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Set the oven to 160°C/ 325°F with the fan.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients but the cocoa powder.
- Mix well.
- Split the cake batter to 2 even parts with 2 bowls.
- Add the cocoa powder to 1 bowl and mix well.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Add batter from each bowl randomly to create the marble look.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool the cake at room temperature.
- Have a piece and enjoy!